Paris, December 31st 2007
Even though it’s already January 6th I would like to wish you all a happy and wonderful new year, I wish you the best for 2008. Thanks for all emails and comments, they always make me very happy.
As it’s a new year, it’s time to go through last year’s food related resolutions and make up new ones. So how did I manage?
1. I will learn and dare to do Polish pierogi.
Done, unfortunately I didn’t blog about it even though I planned to for a long time. But I have photo proof over at Anne’s as I made it for last year’s Twelwth night dinner at her place. And of course I will start to make it more often and actually blog about it.
2. Hmm, actually there are a lot of Polish dishes and recipes for me to learn like pączki, barszcz, pyzy….
I did pączki, barszcz, racuchy, kalafior z bułką tartą (maybe not so Polish but still) and twarożek z szczypiorkem i rzodkiewką. I will continue with Polish cooking this year as well, for example I’m very keen on making Makowiec (Poppy Seed roll).
3. I will get better at using all left over ingredients instead of forgetting about them and finally having to throw them when they get too old.
Much better now!
4. I will get better at blogging about all those food related travels from Japan, Italy and other destinations. And of course I will blog about our wedding from a food point of view.
Oops, still not done….But I will, someday :-)
6. I will use my old ice cream maker more often. I can’t understand why I don’t use it as I really love ice cream.
I made a LOT of ice cream, even though I only blogged about it once. As a matter of fact I made so much ice cream that it’s now justified to buy a compressor ice cream maker….
7. I will make sure that we always have a nice red wine at home for unplanned and unexpected events and guests.
Much better now!
8. I will take care of my starter, named Hampus, and make sure that he’ll live a long life with many offsprings.
It died…. I didn’t take care of it…. But I did bake quite a lot of sourdough bread.
9. I will plan weekly dinner menus.
Haha, this worked for 2 weeks….
10. I will cook Fredrik a delicious Boeuf Bourgogne (He’ll get so exited when he reads this :-)
OK, a new year and plenty of new opportunities!
New resolutions for 2008:
1. I’m addicted to Macarons since our visit in Paris, so I’ll be baking and experimenting a lot!
2. I will make more home made pasta.
3. I need to find decent bacon.
4. I need to blog more often, there are so many recipes and photos that I never post.
5. I will make my own sausages!
And the last thing isn’t really a resolution, but a way to become more daring and to have more interaction with you. My plan is to every second month or so, let you readers pick a baking recipe (either sweet or savoury) that I will make and then post. More about this in a week or two!
Take care everyone!