My own lazy organic muesli

I hope I havn’t mislead you with the title as this isn’t really any recipe. I love trying out new products so when I saw Saltå Kvarn’s new muesli site where you choose between a wide range of organic and ecological ingredients creating your own muesli mixture and get it delivered home I just had to order. Especially since they have loads of different frozen dried fruit which I just love. To my mixture I added a lot of frozen dried raspberries as I always eat them straight out the Kellogg’s Special K Red berries box. If you know anywhere I could get hold on frozen dried raspberries or mango, please let me know! Anyway, as you add ingredients to your muesli you’ll see all nutrition facts which is great if you want to control the amount of fat or carbs. I noticed that my mixture wasn’t extremely healthy but that’s OK as I tend to eat it as a snack rather than a breakfast. When you’re finished with picking your ingredients you name your mix and then you get it in your mailbox within 3-5 days. It’s quite pricy, especially when choosing a lot of frozen dried fruit like I did. But it’s all ecological and/or ecological depending on ingredient and really tasty. I just wish there was an option to skip the muesli base that you have to choose, so you would be able to order organic corn flakes with your choice of fruit.

Here’s my mixture, if you would like to try it:

Daggi’s berry blast
    (My organic muesli composed on Min Müsli)

Ingredients (all organic or ecological):
    Muesli base (oat, wheat, corn and rye), 240 g
    Frozen dried raspberries, 6 scoops (24 g)
    Crunch 1 scoop (23 g)
    Frozen dried bilberries, 2 scoops (20 g)
    Amarant cornflakes, 1 scoop (20 g)
    Frozen dried mango, 2 scoop (18 g)
    Canihua, 1 scoop (15 g)
    Buckwheat puffs, 1 scoop (12 g)
    Frozen dried pineapple, 1 scoop (11 g)
    Frozen dried strawberries, 2 scoops (6 g)

Nutrition value per 100 gram:
    Energy 1315 kJ /314 kcal
    Protein 8.7 g
    Carbohydrates 61.4 g
    Fat 3.4 g

18 Responses to “My own lazy organic muesli”

1. Clem
    January 25th, 2009 22:35

Muesli is so much better when it’s home made – and all organic of course! I love yours , whith all these fruits…

2. Scott at Realepicurean
    January 26th, 2009 00:28

Muesli is, basically, my staple breakfast food – before work every day.

3. katie
    January 26th, 2009 11:37

Wow, those huge berries look amazing!

Katie xox

4. Su
    January 26th, 2009 17:50

Funnily enough, I was JUST looking at this site and thinking about the raspberries!! Must be something in the air.

5. Hilary
    January 27th, 2009 00:18

Hi Dagmar,

Yum, we often had mueslix growing up!

Hilary

6. Courtney aka glamah
    January 29th, 2009 05:49

I love that concept.

7. ThePurpleFoodie
    January 31st, 2009 07:27

I love the colourful photos you have here. Berry mix looks excellent.

8. diva
    February 7th, 2009 16:33

this is beautiful. you take really good photos dagmar ;) x

9. Laila
    February 11th, 2009 12:23

Hi,

il really looks lovely and yummy!

How big is the tin? It looks cute and I’d like one if it’s not to small. :)

February 13th, 2009 10:44

Laila: The tin is 7x15x15 cm

Su: To bad that it’s so expensive though.

Diva: Thank you!

ThePurpleFoodie: Thanks!

11. John of Caput Mundi Cibus
    February 15th, 2009 18:38

Hello Dagmar! I made my own muesli the other day aswell…the kinds I find here in Rome are never exactly the way I want them – so…
    I would love to find the freeze-dried berries as well…but it´ll be impossible here.
    I´ll have to order online.

/john

12. Caramella Mou
    February 26th, 2009 00:50

Hi Dagmar!

Just wanted to thank you for the great semla recipe from your entry of 2006. This is the first time I’ve made these and I can’t believe I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

And so I spotted your müsli entry. It’s an interesting concept this web site. I almost feel sorry I haven’t thought of that, I’ve been making my own mixture for many years now and even developed a tablet form for my hubby to eat in the car on his way to work.

I agree with the other comments, the raspberries look so very nice.

Caramella

13. acai berry diet juice
    December 14th, 2009 10:20

I must say, I could not agree with you in 100%, but its just my opinion, which indeed could be wrong. p.s. You have a very good template . Where did you find it?

14. MrSpockSD
    December 16th, 2009 13:30

Hi, folks. My name is Frank (or MrSpock, because of my ears and my dream). I have started programming in 1985 and I work as a software developer now. I am basically both an old-school programmer (started with Pascal) and a new one (a child of the Internet era HTML, PHP) at the same time. I have basically lost a decade in the programming world. Losing the nineties is not as bad as it seems; I skipped the Windows era ;-)

My dream in life is to develop affordable space travel and space tourism. As a result I also love collecting space related photos made by both pro’s and amateurs. One of own personal problems is that I tend to become an expert of a subject very quickly, so I have to keep changing subject often in order to stay sufficiently ignorant :-) This is why I am interested in many topics and many languages. Fortunately space travel has so far proven to be so complex that it will keep my attention for a long time :-)

I’m usually more of just a lurker on the net but I’ll chime in when I feel I need to, looking forward to meeting everyone and being a part of the community! Well I won’t bore you guys and girls any longer, see you all around!

15. Sandra
    February 23rd, 2010 12:30

maybee something for you? ;)

16. Fast Fat Loss Secret
    April 29th, 2010 02:56

Hmm… this article was not what I was surfing for to drop some pounds, but it helped me with some of my other questions. You should continue updating because I come to this website every week.

17. Sunshinemom
    October 20th, 2010 14:51

I was recently introduced to canihua as it is not a local grain in India. I came here hunting for the pronunciation and found your blog. It is wonderful and so is your picture on your sidebar! Could you split the pronunciation or give an aid?

Thanks,