Thai take away and our 3 furry guests

Chicken spring rolls with soya and garlic sauce. 60 SEK

Weekdays we usually cook a quick dinner after work and then we try to relax. Those evenings when we’re so exhausted that we just want to sleep we go for something even quicker, take away. Lucky for us we have a Thai take away close by. Nok thai take away, as it’s called, has its kitchen in a truck almost hidden beside a road. The food is excellent but unfortunately, because of the climate, they don’t operate all year. But for now they’re still there and feed us when we’re too tired to cook.

Today was definitly a take away evening and after bringing home the food we sat by the kitchen table and talked about our day at work. Suddenly a roe deer passed by just outside, followed by her two baby deers (photo further down). We’ve seen the roe deers in our garden a lot during the summer, but this is the closest we’ve seen them. And I can’t possible be angry on them, despite the fact that they ate ALL my carrots, ALL my beets and half of the physalis plant earlier this summer. They are too beautiful for that and I love the fact that they come by almost every evening.

Photo taken in rush through the window: Mother roe deer with one of her babies, the second one just outside of the photo.

Chicken skewers marinated in coconut milk, with peanut sauce. 70 SEK

8 Responses to “Thai take away and our 3 furry guests”

1. Viki
    August 21st, 2008 15:04

What a great blog you have! I have enjoyed browsing your recipes and creations today, and will continue to do so. I am impressed by your food photography. I would like to take such nice pictures of food I make. Where did you get your photo-light cube kit?

2. Pat
    August 23rd, 2008 09:11

Lovely photos of the deer and yummy food. If you have problems with deer in your garden, put some blood meal(found at the gardening shops) in between your rows. Be careful not to get it on the plants. It will also help the plants grow. Or you can use human or dog hair. If you go to the beauty salon and have them save the hair for you. Again put between the rows of your plants. Safe way of keeping the deer from your garden. You live in a lovely place by the way.:)

August 23rd, 2008 15:00

Viki: Thank you so much! I bought the kit in a Swedish shop called “Kjell & Company”.

Pat: Thanks for the tip!!! To bad I didn’t save my hair when I cut my har a few weeks ago as it was so much :-)
    Thank you, I love living here.

4. Candace
    August 23rd, 2008 19:14

Dagmar, I love this post. I read you often and found you through Anne’s blog. I too have photos of deer — large and small — on my little art blog, sometimes. We have six fawns who treat my backyard as their nursery. Haha!

Very fun and helpful blog, Dagmar!
    Candace

5. Alisa
    August 23rd, 2008 19:31

I love your post! Maybe your deers are also into Thai cuisine :) I just recently discovered this foodblog its at foodista.com and they have also included some really nice recipe for a Thai appetizer Mieng Kum:Leaf-Wrapped Packages, you might want to check this one as well.

6. Courtney aka glamah
    August 23rd, 2008 22:57

They are so cute you can’t be mad. Thats what I love about the house in Sweden , all the wildlfe and nature. Living in the city ( Chicago)you need to be reminded about nature from time to time.

August 24th, 2008 01:14

Candace: Thank you so much! I’ll take a look at your deer :-)

Alisa: Thank you. I’ll check out the recipe.

Courtney: I hope you’ll be able to visit the house in Sweden very soon again, I think you need some peace and quiet.

8. thai seafood
    December 2nd, 2008 22:33

I would like to invite you to http://thaiseafood.blogspot.com
    I hope you enjoy my blog.