Center with strawberry, lemon & chili

Every time I shop groceries I notice more and more classic chocolate bars with new “modern” flavours. I’ve tried Daim Forest Fruit (not very good) and Plopp Tutti Frutti (even worse than the Daim Forest Fruit), and I must say I prefer the coffee variants of those chocolate bars. Milk chocolate doesn’t really go well with artificial fruit flavour, but still I had to try Center with strawberries, lemon and chili when I saw it in the store. I must admit that I liked the combination of milk chocolate with strawberry and lemon caramel and then the hot touch of chili (however very unnecessary). But in the end I guess that I’m boring, I prefer my Daim and Center plain. I can’t understand why they insist to use chili in everything and also sea buckthorn which is included in almost every food product nowadays, but that’s another story.

7 Responses to “Center with strawberry, lemon & chili”

1. foodycat
    May 21st, 2008 10:08

You have a chocolate bar called Plopp? Oh dear, that isn’t a name that would sell well in Australia! I agree with you about the flavours – a KitKat is good, why make an orange KitKat (although a peanut butter KitKat is a very good thing!)

2. Anne
    May 21st, 2008 10:35

Oh, but I have to try that.. I did like Polly’s new flavor: coconut & hazelnut. And I actually did like the Plopp TuttiFrutti, a bit. Haven’t tried Daim ForestFruits, but I have one at home. :)

3. Caviar and Codfish
    May 22nd, 2008 01:50

I used to date a Mexican guy who loved to eat chili/chocolate lollipops… I was not a fan of them (and I found out later that I wasn’t a fan of him either!!)

4. edamame
    May 23rd, 2008 17:44

All dishes look very delicious! I am interested in the food culture of your country. And I support your site. If there is time, please come in my site. From Japan

5. Natty
    May 23rd, 2008 20:30

Mmm… that sounds really yummy. I wish American candy was more imaginative!

6. Scott at Real Epicurean
    May 29th, 2008 19:08

It’s like when “posh” people wear a designer bag, poorer people copy it and get it completely wrong. Not that I like bags…

Basically it’s a case of people realising what great restaurants are doing with unique flavour combinations and trying the same thing. Unfortunately it rarely works!

7. Erica
    June 3rd, 2008 04:46

that is crazy stawberry lemon and chilli! ewww i personally dont think thats a good combo … plus all in a chocolate bar!! oh no thats not me