Ice cream or cream actually…

Long time no see… I can’t believe it’s been two months since I last posted, and those months have been really hectic with a trip to Italy, Easter celebration, my birthday, work…. But let’s start with the house. The house with a capital H, a lovely house that we never thought we would buy. We just went there to look at it, because you have to start somewhere when planning to buy a house. It was too expensive but gorgeous in every way and we fell in love. We put in a bid and a few days later, when in Rome with my mother, F called me and told me the happy news: “We’re house owners!” After coming home from Rome, which was a gift from us to my mother for her 60th birthday, we immediately started preparing our apartment so we could sell it. No renovations were needed, only homestyling and packing half of the apartment in boxes, that are now at a storage center, so it would look as airy and lovely as it actually is. Now our super central apartment is sold and in one month we’re moving to a place with beautiful nature and where we have a five minute walk to the beach. I’m really enthusiastic about it as I’ve never lived in a house; I’m a true city girl. But I’ve already planted tomato and watermelon (!) seeds and every evening before going to sleep I look at the pictures of the house and the garden.

But for now let’s focus on food. These photos were taken in Rome when me and my mother were at Giolitti , one of my favourite ice cream bars in Rome. However we were a bit unlucky and seemed to have ordered more cream than ice cream this time…. But since we ate ice cream 3 times a day during our stay, it wasn’t really any catastrophy!

After digging through the whipped cream we finally found the ice cream!
Without the whipped cream the whole construction wasn’t very stable and the waiter shouted from the opposite side of the room when my chocolate wafer started to tip over so I would catch it..
It was impossible to eat all whipped cream, so it was put beside...

18 Responses to “Ice cream or cream actually…”

April 14th, 2008 22:02

I’ve missed your blogging, so I’m glad to hear you’re back. Congrats on your new house – I still remember the excitement of moving into your current flat :)

2. courtney
    April 14th, 2008 22:17

Welcome back! I was wondering about you. What great news and it sounds like a lovely location . My boyfriend is currently looking for a summer house in Sweden and I look forward to planting a garden, etc. Except I wont be there all year round, so what a waste.Anyway those icecrems look fantastic.

3. Maria
    April 14th, 2008 22:44

Congratulations on your new house :) I’ve been reading you for a while and I really missed your blogging.

4. Amanda
    April 14th, 2008 22:50

Welcome back! Glad to see that you were enjoying yourself by the looks of that towering ice cream! You should post up some pics of the new place and the coming-soon garden. Very exciting!

5. MrsW
    April 15th, 2008 00:02

Welcome back, and happy new home! Can’t wait to see some new-house photos. It sounds beautiful.

And allow me to say WOW to that ice cream! I don’t think I could eat quite so much!

6. Karolina
    April 15th, 2008 07:41

I’m happy you’re back Dagmar:) It’s such a great news the house, congratulations!!!

7. Marta
    April 15th, 2008 21:31

Nice to see you back! I thought your return blog will be worth the wait but you exceeded my expectations – mostly with those mountainous ice creams (!!), but also with your exciting house news. Congratulations and best of luck with the moving!

8. Michael
    April 16th, 2008 01:04

It’s good to see you blogging again Dagmar ! Congratulations on the house !

9. Ciciuzza
    April 16th, 2008 11:47

Ciao!
    well, I missed you very much in the past months and it is a beautiful suprise that you visited my old city.. and Giolitti is amazing for the icecream.. less for the whipped cream! ;)
    and in Italy we say In bocca al lupo (good luck) for your new house!!

April 16th, 2008 21:57

Pille: Thank you so much! I’m glad to be back as well!!

Courtney: Thank you! A summer house sounds great!

Maria: Thank you!!!

Amanda: Thank you! I’ll post some photos after we’ve moved in.

MrsW: Thank you! The ice cream consisted of more cream than ice cream so after removing the cream there wasn’t much ice cream left :-)

Karolina: Thank you!!!

Marta: Thank you so much!!!

Michael: Thanks!

Ciciuzza: Ciao!! Tante grazie!!

11. Tesse
    April 18th, 2008 19:18

Åååååååååååååååååååh, Giolitti! Bara ett ställe som jag tycker bättre om när det gäller glass i Rom och det är nere i Termini, där finns ett litet ställe som har urgod lakritsglass *mums* (Fast det är den enda smaken som är god där enligt mig annars är det Giolitti som gäller…)

Jaja… Rom blir till hösten kanske… Om vi orkar vänta så länge :D

Grattis till husköp och lägenhetsförsäljning! Å välkomna ut på landet ;)

12. Susan
    April 24th, 2008 18:36

Hi Dagmar,
    glad to see you back. The house sounds like a dream-come-true. I lived in Smaland, outside of Vetlanda years ago and still dream of living in a darling red stuga someday. :)

13. Kae
    June 10th, 2008 22:51

Congratulations on your new home!! – and your photos from Giolitti bring back such wonderful memories of my most recent trip to Rome… although I’m sad to say I never tried any of the Coppa sundaes since I was preoccupied by the amazing gelato! Next time.

June 12th, 2008 15:54

Susan: I hope you’ll get your red stuga someday!

Kae: Thanks! We tried everything they had, or at least it felt like it :-)

15. Hilda
    July 9th, 2008 19:12

I´ve just find your blog and it´s wonderfull. Every thing in it is marvellous…
    I´ve been in Rome and you make me come back to Giolitti.
    Thankyou very much for the time, photos and work you give us.

(scuse my english, I near forguet it all)

kisses from Spain
    Hilda

July 9th, 2008 21:23

Hi Hilda! Welcome! Thank you for your sweet comment! Your English is very good!