Happy Valentine’s Day!

Mini chocolate cupcakes with strawberry marshmallow topping and
pink teddy bears.

Valentine’s Day is not very big in Sweden, but I’ve promised F a special and delicious dinner. For dessert we won’t be having the mini cupcakes on the photo, but something else. I made the mini chocolate cupcakes when we congratulated a colleague after the arrival of his baby girl. The topping is super easy to do; combine one part Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff with one part cream cheese.

For those of you with no culinary skills or lack of time I can reveal a male colleague’s cute idea for a Valentine’s dinner. Buy ready made hamburgers and hamburger buns that you cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
What ever you do today, have a wonderful day!

16 Responses to “Happy Valentine’s Day!”

1. Rosa
    February 14th, 2008 09:12

Happy Valentine’s Day! Those cupcakes look very dainty and scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

2. Joanna in the kitchen
    February 14th, 2008 10:46

Those cupcakes are sooooo sweeet. Marshmallow topping is a serial killer and those lovely teddy bears on top…. Sooooo sweeeeeet. They are really a great choice for St. Valentine’s day.

Btw Happy Valentine’s Day.

3. aforkfulofspaghetti
    February 14th, 2008 11:06

I love the look of these. Cute and appealing, but elegantly understated at the same time. Gorgeous!

4. Anne
    February 14th, 2008 11:11

Happy Valentine’s! Beautiful cupcakes, so cute! We won’t be celebrating tonight, but we’ll have our cosy dinner tomorrow instead – we’re both working tonight. (In P:s case, a massive gala dinner at Grand Hotel. Envy..)

5. nysa
    February 14th, 2008 12:29

happy valentine’s day to you. thank you for the idea of combining marshmallow fluff with cream cheese. i always ask myself for what this fluffist for. now i know :-) great!

February 14th, 2008 13:16

Lovely cupcakes – I love the idea of marshmallow fluff topping!
    I’m not having a romantic dinner tonight either, as K left to Amsterdam in the wee hours of the morning, and won’t be back until midnight. Business:( But luckily I’ve got some nice chocolates at home.

7. Sarah
    February 14th, 2008 14:22

I love pink and brown together – so sweet! We are having a nice meal tonight, lots of smoked fish and caviar. I just use valentines day as an excuse to eat things I normally don’t!

8. Meeta
    February 14th, 2008 15:19

Oh these are so cute. V day is also not too big here in Germany either but I just finished the DB challenge and a lovely chocolate mousse with raspberries – so that will be part of the dinner LOL!

9. Tiina
    February 14th, 2008 17:56

Very cute cupcakes! And the marshmallow topping looks so very…pink!:)

February 17th, 2008 19:23

Hi all! I hope you had a lovely Valentine’s either alone with chocolate or not :-) Thanks for all compliments!

February 17th, 2008 19:23

12. katy
    February 29th, 2008 17:16

gorgeous, and how sweet! definitely beats a heart-shaped hamburger.

13. coco
    March 1st, 2008 10:27

my gosh these are so adorable! and li love the heart shaped dish too! :)

14. Imma
    March 9th, 2008 15:29

These are really cute and I bet good too!

15. make money with no money
    January 25th, 2010 02:06

Very informative, this was just the information I was looking for. You are dead on the money.