Moomin baking collection, prize code EU15
It’s December and for the fourth year in a row food bloggers from all over the world are raising money to the United Nations World Food Programme by offering wonderful culinary prizes to tempt people to donate money. For every US$10, the donor receives a virtual raffle ticket toward a prize of their choice. Last year we collected the incredible sum of $60,925.12!!! This year once again, all money will go to the UN World Food Programme. However this year the money are earmarked to a school’s feeding program in Lesotho. We chose to support the school lunch program because providing food for the children not only keeps them alive, but helps them stay in school so that they learn the skills to feed themselves in the future.
To read more about Menu for Hope 4, who benefits from it, what percentage of the funds actually goes to those we help etc, go to this link on Chez Pim.
So what does A Cat in the Kitchen do to contribute to Menu for Hope 4? Well, I’m donating a very special prize to the raffle, to tempt my dear readers. My prize for Menu for Hope 4 is a baking collection for all Moomin lovers! It’s Moomin Mania, a special irresistible baking collection for all Moomin lovers (prize code EU15) that consists of:
1 Moomintroll cake mold
1 Moomintroll cookie cutter
1 Moominmamma cookie cutter
1 Moominpappa cookie cutter
1 Lilla My cookie cutter
1 Snork maiden cookie cutter
1 Groke cookie cutter
1 Snufkin cookie cutter
1 Hattifatteners cookie cutter
1 Grooke cookie cutter
1 Stinky cookie cutter
3 popsicle molds with Stinky, Snufkin and Moomintroll
Moomin band aid (if you get hurt in the kitchen while cooking)
Everything is brand new in their original packages and I’ve been struggling really hard to prepare this prize. I’ve been searching everywhere for the cookie cutters and luckily I had to go for an unplanned business trip to Helsinki last month where I was finally able to buy the cookie cutters and the cake mold in the official Moomin shop in Helsinki, Finland. The popsicle molds were bought in a small shop in Gothenburg and the band aid was bought in a Swedish pharmacy.
The 9 different cookies come out beautifully with outlines and people just love them. You can make any cut-out cookies with the cutters and decorate them as you wish. The cake mold holds 400 ml and results in a cute Moomin cake. The popsicle molds can be filled with juice, yoghurt or ice cream batter and produces cute Moomin popsicles.
The cute cookie cutters are hard to find outside Finland and occassionally I’ve seen them for very high prices on Ebay, last time I saw them a seller wanted $20 + shipping for a package of 3 cookie cutters. Here you are able to win 9 different cookie cutters, a mold, band aid and 3 popsicle molds!!! I will ship the prize anywhere in the world.
- Donation and raffle ticket buying instructions:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at Chez Pim. Every $10 gives you a raffle ticket.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. The prize code for my Moomin parcel is EU15. IMPORTANT: Please use the following convention when specifying your prize choices in the Personal Message section: “number of tickets” x “prize code” (for example: 3xUE01, 2xAP06).
4. For US donors: If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Important: Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.
If you’re feeling a bit insecure, the regional host Fanny at Food Beam has a step by step instruction here.
Good luck in the raffle and remember that this is for a very good cause. Thank you for your participation!