Gift giving

Homemade rhubarb jam with cinnamon, orange and ginger

“I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

Yesterday I read about it on Anne’s blog and then I made a comment for a similar post on For the body and soul and thereby obliged to make the same promise on my blog. I think that it’s a great idea!

So come on, the first three people requesting to join will receive a homemade culinary gift in exchange that they make the same promise on their own blog. If you don’t have any blog and want to participate, then comment anyway. And is doesn’t matter in which country you live in, I’ll post the gift to where ever you live. The gift will be a surprise, so I won’t send the jam on the photo above.

16 Responses to “Gift giving”

1. Michael
    November 16th, 2007 21:00

This sounds like a fun initiative Dagmar. I usually don’t jump on these kind of initiatives, but what the heck, there’s a first time for everything. It sounds like a great opportunity to do some food-related exchange in the foodblogging community.

2. Magda
    November 16th, 2007 21:44

Witaj Dagmara,
    Niestety nie mam wlasnego bloga wiec pewnie nie “zasluze” na prezent ;) ale pomysl jest fantastyczny wiec i tak bym napisala !
    Pozdrawiam Cie serdecznie i jak zwykle smacznie ! ;))
    Magda

3. Agnieszka
    November 16th, 2007 21:55

Witam,
    niestety nie mam bloga, natomiast Twojego bloga czytam regularnie. Codziennie sprawdzam czy nie pojawilo sie cos nowego. A tu dzisiaj taka niespodzianka!!! Bardzo podoba mi sie ten pomysl, az zaluje ze nie moge uczestniczyc w takiej wymianie prezentow, bo przeciez w prezentach przyjemniejsze jest obdarowywanie!!! Serdecznie pozdrawiam Agnieszka

4. Rachel@fairycakeheaven
    November 17th, 2007 14:24

Hi, I’m new to the blogosphere and would love to participate but think I’m too late as there are 3 comments already!!! Oh well, love this idea and may do it myself

November 17th, 2007 15:10

Michael: Great! You’re in. Please send your address to my email (right side on the top).

Magda & Agnieszka: Mam duzo czytelnikow bez wlasnego blogu i dlatego i tak bardzo chetnie wam wyszle prezent, bo chce zeby wszysty mogli wziasc udzial. Prosze wyslac mi address pocztowy prez email. Moj email widac na gorze po prawej stronie.

Rachel: Hi! Yes, there are already 3 comments but two of them are not food bloggers, so I will send a surprise to those two persons anyway but I would love to send something to you as well so that you can pass this forward on your own blog! Please send your postal address to my email (right side on the top).

6. Jacelyn
    November 17th, 2007 16:56

Oh… I’m too late. I would like to take part in this as well.

November 18th, 2007 20:03

Jacelyn: I’m sorry that you were late, I already have 4 to send to. I’m sure you’ll have a possibility to join on another food blog as quite many is taking part.

8. peabody
    November 22nd, 2007 01:16

My mom would love this…she is a rhubarb fan!

9. Aimee
    November 25th, 2007 03:33

I know I am too late to receive a gift, but I wanted to say how beautiful you jam looks! I love rhubarb–next summer I must jar some.

November 26th, 2007 11:47

Peabody: Just like me then. I love rhubarb.

Aimee: Thanks! It’s one of my favourite fruits (or actually vegetable).

11. Dinda Sheeva"Great Wedding Cakes"
    December 26th, 2007 05:45

nice cake gift…you’re great

12. Michael
    August 27th, 2009 07:55

I think the mailman ate mine, because as of today I haven’t received anything :(

August 28th, 2009 09:59

Michael, I’ll email you later today!

14. repliki zegarkw
    January 18th, 2010 02:23

Bardzo fajny blog. Az zaluje ze nie mialem okazji trafic tu wczesniej. Polecila mi go wczoraj znajoma