Brownies with salty peanuts

Autumn in really here now and sometimes I wish that I was a bear so that I could hibernate during winter. Those who know me, know that I’m not kidding. I don’t know if bears eat peanuts, but I do. So I will just take another piece of these rich brownies with salty peanuts and go back to bed with it. And only when I’m finished I’ll maybe reconsider to go outdoors again.

Brownies with salty peanuts

brownies:
    170 gram dark chocolate (min. 60 %), chopped
    150 gram butter
    3 eggs
    200 ml sugar (infused with vanilla)
    300 ml flour
    200 ml salty peanuts, roughly chopped

peanut layer:
    200 ml good quality chunky peanut butter (I use Kung Markatta “American Style”, an ecologic one)
    50 ml icing sugar
    2 tsp vanilla sugar
    50 gram butter, melted

topping:
    100 gram dark chocolate (min. 60 %), melted

Melt the chocolate together with the butter in the microwave. In the meanwhile beat the eggs and the sugar with an electric beater until white and fluffy. Add chocolate and butter mixture and combine. Add flour and salty peanuts. Combine. Pour the batter in a pan (around 30 cm * 30 cm) lined with greased parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes in 170 degrees C. Let the brownies cool.

Combine peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla sugar. Add melted butter and mix well. Spread evenly over the brownies. My peanut butter is very hard but if your peanut butter is runny, then reduce the amount of butter.

Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer.

Let the brownies set in the fridge for about 1 hour. Cut into small squares and serve.

13 Responses to “Brownies with salty peanuts”

1. Markus "LAKE" Berglund
    October 3rd, 2007 00:14

Mmmm. jordnötter är gott till mycket, men det där låter synnerligen gott!

/Markus “Breledorm” Berglund

2. Anh
    October 3rd, 2007 00:35

I love this idea!

3. Anne
    October 3rd, 2007 07:11

Oh, this looks extremely delicious! Not the best thing to view before breakfast.. :)

October 3rd, 2007 07:48

I know how you feel! When we drove to work this morning, there was this awful drizzling rain outside – nothing like the sunny day of last Tuesday when you were here!!! A peanut brownie would hit the spot (or missing that, a slice of apple cake I baked last night:)

5. Deborah
    October 3rd, 2007 18:13

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just eat a lot, get nice and fattened up and then hibernate?? I would LOVE it! Your brownies look like the perfect solution to cold weather.

6. Mallow
    October 9th, 2007 05:46

Those look like heaven – chocolate and salty peanuts are one of the best combinations out there!

7. ann-lou
    October 18th, 2007 14:30

imagine these brownies with a scoup of häagen-daz strawberry ice cream on top…

8. Roger Sanchz
    November 23rd, 2009 02:23

I was looking into baking these this evening. I looked into vanilla infused sugar, and most websites say that will take at least 2 weeks. What can I do to still create a quality brownie without vanilla infused sugar? Thanks.