Brussels

I basically ate one waffle every day, they are delicious! On the photo is a waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, and hot melted chocolate in a small cup.

First of all I want to apology for my absence, I went to Brussels for a course last Sunday and didn’t come back home until yesterday late evening. I actually had my laptop with me so that I could blog, but it turned out that I didn’t have any internet at my hotel. Anyway, for me Brussels is waffles and chocolate so I hope you’ll forgive me with these photos. My impression is that every second shop in Brussels sells chocolate, but of course that isn’t the case :-)

Window shopping at Neuhaus.

Window shopping at Neuhaus.

Window shopping at Neuhaus.

Window shopping at Neuhaus.

The top layer from my 0.5 kg chocolate box from Pierre Marcolini, recommended by Anne who ordered one for herself as well. The chocolate is amazing.

The bottom layer from the chocolate box from Pierre Marcolini.

Chocolate coffee beans from Neuhaus, lemon marshmallow from Pierre Marcolini, assorted chocolates from Neuhaus and in the background salt and caramel chocolates from Corné Port Royal.

7 Responses to “Brussels”

1. Michael
    September 8th, 2007 17:20

If I had known you were coming to Belgium I would have recommended a thing or two. But I see you got some of the priorities right, like chocolate. Neuhaus is definately up there with the best of chocolates… and who can visit Brussels without having a waffle ;) Another thing you might have noticed is ‘speculaas’… Anyway, next time you come to Belgium, let me know and I’ll recommend you alot of interesting places and food thingies you just have to check out!

2. awoz
    September 8th, 2007 17:47

That much chocolat makes me want to faint, lol! No seriuously, I love chocolat and i can’t never get enough…Thanks you for your the Brussel city tour in pictures.

3. Newyorkerbyheart
    September 8th, 2007 18:07

Hi Dagmar,

wow it looks good :-)

I have given you a award, plese click here to see it:

My best,
    Birthe/Newyorkerbyheart

4. connie
    September 9th, 2007 02:46

what great window displays! looks like a very sweet trip

5. Hendria
    September 9th, 2007 07:08

What would we ever do without chocolate….sigh.
    Great photos.

I have tagged you for a meme, I am hoping that is ok.

6. Karu
    September 14th, 2007 05:45

I love all kind of chocolates. So Belgium is my one of dreamy countries there are so far or too expensive to go. It’s not enough to see pictures but I’m happy for a minute. Thank you ^^

September 15th, 2007 18:06

Michael: Speculaas are great! I made a misstake not asking for tips on the blog. I was dissapointed that most stores were closed when the course finished every day, but as I was ill during my visit it was nice to spend the evenings at the hotel trying to recover.

Awoz: I’m glad that you enjoyed the pics!

Newyorkerbyheart: Thank you so much!!!! That made me glad! I’ll post about it during the week.

Connie: It was great, but it was a pity that I had a really bad cold.

Hendria: Thanks! And thanks for tagging me, I’ll try to post during the coming week.

Karu: If you love chocolate Belgium is definitly the place to go. I hope that you’ll have a chance to travel there someday.