00:05 AM 1st January 2007. In the background you can see Stockholm City Hall.
After almost a week with a broken internet connection it finally started to work yesterday, just at the right time as we were both suffering from a serious internet abstinence. I thank the poor technician who had to work on New Years Eve :-)
2006 was a year filled with many wonderful happenings; I started at new company (or actually got back to one of my former ones), Fredrik stopped commuting and we bought a flat in Stockholm where we moved from Gothenburg, I turned 30 (!!) and Fredrik surprised me with a close encounter with dolphins and a proposal, we planned our wedding, got married and for our honeymoon we went to our dream destination Japan. A fantastic year which will be hard to surpass!
A new year is a time to reflect on changes we want or need to make and as I’m happy with my life I’ll only make food related resolutions, just like a lot of food bloggers did last year. So for 2007 I resolve:
1. I will learn and dare to do Polish pierogi.
2. Hmm, actually there are a lot of Polish dishes and recipes for me to learn like paczki, barszcz, pyzy….
3. I will get better at using all left over ingredients instead of forgetting about them and finally having to throw them when they get too old.
4. I will get better at blogging about all those food related travels from Japan, Italy and other destinations. And of course I will blog about our wedding from a food point of view.
6. I will use my old ice cream maker more often. I can’t understand why I don’t use it as I really love ice cream.
7. I will make sure that we always have a nice red wine at home for unplanned and unexpected events and guests.
8. I will take care of my starter, named Hampus, and make sure that he’ll live a long life with many offsprings.
9. I will plan weekly dinner menus.
10. I will cook Fredrik a delicious Biff Bourgogne (He’ll get so exited when he reads this :-)
Happy New Year to all of you! I want to thank my dear readers for all emails and comments which I really appreciate! Take care!