Easy conversion of measurements directly in Google

I guess that I’m not the only one confused by all different measurements when reading recipes online. Yesterday Fredrik showed me how to easily convert measurements directly in Google.

For exampe just write 1 deciliter in cups, 500 grams in ounces, 6 cups in litres or what ever you want to convert, directly in the google search box.

18 Responses to “Easy conversion of measurements directly in Google”

1. Elin
    January 13th, 2007 20:18

its even good for cm, feets, pounds and kilos !

January 13th, 2007 21:00

Elin: yes, it converts basically everything :-) Great tool!

3. Pene
    January 14th, 2007 15:54

Yes, but you still have to be careful as there are differences between metric, imperial & US cups. I think it is strange to use a liquid measurement for items that are better measured as a weight (eg dl vs gm to measure flour).

4. Markus "LAKE" Berglund
    January 14th, 2007 16:40

Japp, Google rular fett!

Men det finns mer som den klarar av:

:-D

/breledorm

January 14th, 2007 17:37

Pene: Yes, you should be very careful when converting.

Of course weight (grams) are better for exact measurements, but in Sweden traditionally deciliters are used in recipes since ages probably because it’s simple and it’s very common to have at home. It’s just like using US cups for flour (for example). I prefer weighting, but many recipes still use deciliters as most people have those measures at home, just as most people have cups measures in other countries or “glasses” which is very common in Poland.

6. Michelle
    January 15th, 2007 14:53

I’m in the U.S., and I follow several blogs from abroad, so, the Google conversion has come in very handy for me! So far, I’ve had great success with the conversion amounts given. It’s a very helpful tool! Have a great day!! :)

7. Scott at Realepicurean
    January 16th, 2007 14:24

I figured this out a while ago, I use it with distances etc too. It must be annoying for our American visitors to see grams everywhere in a recipe!

8. mnorgovudkka
    December 29th, 2008 03:56

Hy my name is mnorgovudkka
    Im from mongolia
    Buy

9. Neeraffefraro
    February 15th, 2009 11:43

Hello.
    I’m new there
    Nice forum!

10. AppacuusaMurf
    May 2nd, 2009 11:44

I`m saving 75% on my cigarette purchases. useing it its much more cheaper and healtyer then the normal ones
    if someone else is interesed to buy i got a discount coupon [b]disc5-1245[/b] on http://tinyurl.com/cuy2rf

11. AnnaNoble
    June 5th, 2009 10:36

I found the best thing to my friend’s birthday… It’s really hard to find cool and still unique.
    So today I saw this thing from ZTARLET on facebook where you can name a real star in heaven and have the certificate and a teddy bear sent to you and pay it by a single SMS. So awesome :)

12. Accobre
    June 13th, 2009 18:42

Tired of a competitor’s site? Hinder the enemy? Fed pioneers or copywriters?

Kill their sites! How? We will help you in this!
    Obstructions of any site, portal, shop!

Different types of attacks: Date-attack, Trash, Attack, Attack, etc. Intellectual
    You can work on schedule, as well as the simultaneous attack of several sites.

On average the data, ordered the site falls within 5 minutes after the start. As a demonstration of our capabilities, allows screening.

Our prices

24 hours of attack – $ 70
    12 hours of the attack – $ 50
    1 hour attack – $ 25

Contact via ICQ: 588 666 582

13. CaseyFronczek
    June 21st, 2009 17:36

I saw that Casey Fronczek is offering fishing trips now down in south Florida. Does anybody have any input on these trips or has anyone been on one of these trips before?

14. RornuggireRow
    July 7th, 2009 21:53

http://extjs.com/forum/member.php?u=79374 guitar lessons
    AscemoZoomide

15. Maxwell Garner
    December 14th, 2009 14:46

what would b the ideal beginner’s workout routine for me? 4-5 day routine?

16. Brandy Luckey
    January 26th, 2010 11:06

Sweet Details I adore some of the articles which were written, and especially the comments posted! I will definately be visiting again!

17. Online Filme
    February 17th, 2010 22:08

Hallchen
    Hervorragender Post. Da hat mich Google mal wieder an einen genialen Blog geschickt.
    Viele Gre aus Monheim am Rhein