Christmas is a time of giving and sharing, not only to our closest ones but most importantly to the less fortunate. The ones who don’t read cookbooks for ever in search for the perfect recipe but for the ones who don’t have enough food to feed their family. Now’s your chance to help someone in need of food. Every year, food bloggers from all over the world get together for a fundraising campaign called Menu for Hope. Last year, $17 000 was raised to help UNICEF. This year all money goes to United Nations World Food programme which provides hunger relief to needy people worldwide. No money will pass through our hands, FirstGiving will do the collection and forward all the money raised directly to United Nations World Food programme. Read the United Nations World Food programme’s press release about the event here.
To encourage you readers to donate money for this good cause, food bloggers all around the world have donated food related prizes and for each $10 donated you get one ticket in a raffle to win them. And unlike most raffles, you can pick and choose the prizes you might win. This campaign and raffle is open for everyone, no matter where you live. For more information and other prizes than my own which is described below, please look at the European host page where you can read all about the fantastic donated prizes from the European food bloggers or the main host page where you can find the food prizes from the whole world.
My offer to the campaign is a Swedish tea kit and a cookbook, this kit can be won if you donate at least $10 to the Menu for hope III campaign. The kit contains four unique and delicious tea blends from cosy Old Town in Stockholm, Swedish blueberry honey, archipelago sweets, a cute tea infuser and the cookbook “Swedish Cakes and Cookies”. The perfect kit for cold dark winter nights when you need some comfort! Post and package will of course be provided by me, no matter where you live. Just make sure that your country’s customs allow a private import of the contents.
The Swedish tea kit and cookbook, prize code EU17, contains:
~4 bags of unique tea blends from Gamla Stans te- och kaffehandel in Stockholm, Old Town:
Gamla Stans te (= Old Town’s tea). Black tea with wild strawberries, strawberries and mandarin oranges. 100 gram
Rimfrost (= Hoarfrost ). Black tea with cranberries and violet. 100 gram
Stora Nygatan Special (= Big New Street Special). Green and black tea with lemon and peppermint. 100 gram
Grönt Kvitten (= Green Quince). Green tea with quince and marigold. 100 gram
~Swedish honey with blueberries from Klas-Olof Ohlsson, Tillinge Uppland. 130 gram.
~Skärgårdsblandning (= Archipelago assortment). Hard sweets in mixed flavours from Spikarö Karamell & Pralin. 150 gram
~A cute tea infuser with a red miniature tea cup. For a close-up look here.
~For an authentic Swedish tea break or fika as we call it, you need 7 different kinds of cookies. To obtain this I’ve included a brand new copy of the popular cookbook “Swedish Cakes and Cookies”. In Sweden it’s known as “Sju sorters kakor” and it’s a must in every home. It contains 298 recipes of delicious Swedish cookies, cakes and sweet breads. Every recipe comes with a colour photo.
Doesn’t this sound like a lovely prize which you would like to win at the same time as you’re doing a really good deed? Remember that $10 is only 69 SEK and you will not only feel good about yourself donating money, you will make the people in need feel good and content as well.
Here’s what you should do:
1. Go to the donation page on FirstGiving.
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code — for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and for EU02 (Please use the double-digits, not EU1, but EU01). The prize code for my Swedish tea kit is EU17. The rest of the prizes can be found here.
3. For US donors, if your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. The drawing will be done electronically.
Thanks for your kindness!