Matcha Frappuccino

I miss Japan. I miss all the delicious and fascinating food. I even miss the matcha hysteria and all the products with matcha flavour. For those who doesn’t know, matcha is green powdered tea which is uniquely Japanese. When I look at this photo I remember how incredible hot it was when we were there in August. Starbucks saved our lives many times with their frappuccinos, even if I have to admit that I prefer the strawberry one better than the matcha one which looks much cooler though.

13 Responses to “Matcha Frappuccino”

1. awoz
    November 20th, 2006 01:16

I never tasted matcha but I heard about it often on the internet(foodbloging)
    I have to try to find some in Montreal ,Canada,,,

November 20th, 2006 07:14

Looks cool:) I got a packet of matcha powder from a Japanese friend of mine just before leaving Edinburgh, and I’m now trying to think of best ways to use it..

November 20th, 2006 23:14

Awoz: I hope that you’ll find some!

Pille: Oh, nice! I actually forgot to buy matcha when in Japan…

4. Scott at Realepicurean
    November 21st, 2006 18:05

I haven’t been to Starbucks in a long time. It’s about this time of year when they do my favorite – Eggnog Late!

5. August
    January 22nd, 2007 20:02

Island Teas sells Matcha green tea instant mix that is better and healthier than Starbucks. See http://www.islandteashop.com

6. Raein
    May 30th, 2007 08:58

I like the matcha one better :3 I always order it! :)

7. Beka
    January 25th, 2008 15:08

Hi! I went to Japan for my honeymoon too! People here in the States thought that was a weird place to go. But I can’t imagine a better place now. My husband spoke some Japanese so that helped alot. Anyways, I loved the food there and was saved by Starbucks mainly because of the familiarity of it…..being my first trip out of the States. We too loved Japan and miss it.

January 26th, 2008 13:44

Hi Beka,
    It’s nice to hear that other people also went to Japan for their honeymoon. We don’t have Starbucks in Sweden but we went there sometimes in Japan to get some western breakfast and for the frappuccinos :-)
    I really hope to get back to Japan one day.

9. Shyang
    May 23rd, 2009 14:52

guess wad, i jus back from Japan a week ago, and feel the same way as u…

randomly google Matcha Frap and am linked to ur blog..ahah miss japan…