Risotto al Taleggio

Risotto al Taleggio. In the background you can see Anne’s twisted baguettes.

This weekend I tried to figure out what to do with the piece of Taleggio cheese that I bought spontaneous a time ago. I finally decided for a risotto, even though I was really frightened as it was my first time making a risotto. But I must say that it’s not hard at all! Just stir, stir and stir :-) This risotto has a lot of taste, due to the creamy cheese. It’s a very stinky cheese but really delicious, especially in this risotto. To the risotto we had Anne’s twisted baguettes which were very easy to make and tasted great! Bake them, you won’t be dissapointed!

Risotto al Taleggio
    (recipe translated from Zeta)

2 shallots, finely chopped
    3 tbsp + 2 tbsp Olive oil Extra Vergine
    300 ml Arborio rice
    200 ml white dry wine
    1 litre warm chicken broth
    200 gr Taleggio cheese, cut in cubes
    Maldon sea salt
    pepper

Bring broth to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.

In another pan heat 3 tbsp olive oil, add shallots and sauté until tender and colourless. Add rice and stir for a minute or two. Add wine and stir until evaporated. Add 400 ml of hot broth; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add remaining broth 100 ml at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender, about 20 minutes. When done the rice corns should be creamy with an al dente kernel. Stir in the taleggio cheese and two tablespoons of olive oil. Season the risotto with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve, preferably with Anne’s twisted baguettes.

12 Responses to “Risotto al Taleggio”

1. Fabienne
    November 15th, 2006 21:31

J’adore le risotto !

2. Anne
    November 16th, 2006 08:37

Oh wow, that’s a great idea. Must try!

3. Viktoria Schiöler
    November 16th, 2006 12:51

Yes! Taleggio is one of my favourite cheeses and risotto is a favourite too – it looks delicious!

4. Scott at Realepicurean
    November 16th, 2006 13:37

I love risotto. I can’t make them so well – quite often I cook it for too long, creating a sticky mess. I need to pay more attention!

5. Brilynn
    November 16th, 2006 17:39

I was surprised how easy risotto is to make the first time I did it too. It’s just time consuming, but not hard.

6. Milie
    November 16th, 2006 21:08

I love risotto! It’s so creamy and so yummy!
    And I love the fact of taking time to cook it, it’s like creating slowly something so good…And so quick to eat!

November 17th, 2006 22:07

Fabienne: Moi aussi!

Anne: I really recomend it!

Viktoria: This was the first time I ate Taleggio and I loved it!

Scott: I tasted the risotto several times while doing it so it wouldn’t get over cooked and it worked.

Brilynn: I agree!

Milie: You feel like an Italian housewife while stiring the risotto :-)

8. CookingChat
    November 20th, 2006 02:25

I too love risotto! I haven’t tried this kind of cheese, will have to check it out. I made a good risotto recently with butternut squash & chicken. Recipe here:

9. BENGİSU
    December 10th, 2006 22:06

HELLO!MY NAME IS BENGİSU.I AM FROM TÜRKİYE(TURKEY).I LOVE YOUR BLOG.BYE

10. Viktoria Schiöler
    July 27th, 2007 15:20

It´s very nice! I made it for my guests yesterday and they loved it (and me too).

July 29th, 2007 21:22

Viktoria: I’m glad that they loved it!

12. Gourmet Bachelor
    October 5th, 2010 20:35

Wow! I am so inspired by your blog. I have also been nervous about Risotto, as I had never tried it before. But, you gave me courage ;)

I had this block of Taleggio sitting around (just like you did) and googled recipe ideas. Sure enough, your blog came up. Not only did the recipe work out great, but I am now a very big fan of yours.

Thank you… beautiful recipe!

Greg