EBBP#6 – An Italian parcel from London!

Have I ever said that I love EBBP? Well, probably :-) Today I felt really special when I received a food parcel from Simonetta and in her letter saw the words “[...] a cake that I made for you. [...]”
A cake, baked in the UK, for me :-) Aaah :-) Myself I baked Biscotti with Lingonberries and white chocolate especially for my own EBBP recipient, but you have to admit that her sentence makes you feel special anyway. Here are all the lovely Italian treats from Simonetta *lucky me*:

Chocolates from Modica (Sicily): Simonetta had them sent from a wonderful chocolate shop called Bonajuto. Three of the chocolates are with chili pepper and they are all made using an ancient Aztec recipe. They are unique in their preparation and texture, they contain almost no cocoa butter, so they are crunchy and crumbly with a crystal like apperance. They smell lovely and I can’t wait to try them.

Pesto: Simonetta writes that it’s made with the right type of Basil, the one from Liguria.

Sbrisolona: A typical crunchy cake from Verona which Simonetta baked for me. It’s originally from the neighbouring town of Mantova but it has spread all over the nearby provinces. It smells wonderful and I have already nibbled on it. So yummy!!! I will most likely kindly ask Simonetta for the recipe…

Trofie: A regional pasta.

Thanks again Simonetta for your lovely parcel! Thanks also to Johanna for hosting! You can read Johanna’s roundup here.

12 Responses to “EBBP#6 – An Italian parcel from London!”

1. Scott at RealEpicurean
    October 5th, 2006 18:38

This is so much more appealing then what I sent…I’ll have to be more inventive next time!

The cat in a box is inspired! MMn, methinks the cat is yours and wasn’t actually part of your foodparcel.

2. johanna
    October 5th, 2006 18:49

what a beautiful parcel! I have had some of those divine sicilian chocolates in a EBBP parcel before… very unusual! I wish i could have a slice of that wonderful cake, too!

3. Bonnie
    October 5th, 2006 20:06

Oooo that pasta looks an absolute treasure! And to have it with the pesto – oh devine I’m sure!

October 5th, 2006 21:36

Scott: I’m sure that your parcel is appealing and interesting. But I understand you. I panic EVERY time when I get a new parcel. “Why didn’t I send this or that instead” :-)

Haha, I have enough of cats so I don’t think that I would appreciate a 4th one, especially not one sent by post :-)

Johanna: The cake was is wonderful. Both Fredrik and I love it!

: The pasta and the pesto will make a perfect dinner!

5. Simonetta
    October 6th, 2006 14:20

Dagmar,
    I have posted the recipe of the sbrisolona, in my blog, just in case. I was worried that during the travel it might loose some of the crunchiness (in which case, all you need to do is put it in a hot oven for 5 minutes). Hopefully it got to you all right.
    :-)

6. Pam
    October 9th, 2006 19:34

I just love ebbp, sorry I missed this round.

7. Vintage Wine
    October 10th, 2006 08:43

Åh, vad härligt med ett paket :-) Det verkar jätteroligt men vilkan prestationsångest, man tycker ju alltid att andra har kommit på så mycket bättre saker än man själv ;-)

8. Andrew
    October 12th, 2006 01:23

How lovely they all look! Isnt receiving a EBBP parcel great! Thanks for participating again – next round probably in the dark days of January/February, hope you can join in again.

October 12th, 2006 11:08

Simonetta: the cake travelled very well so it was perfectly crunchy.

Vintage Wine: Det är superkul, jag håller med att man får prestationsångest.

Andrew: I love EBBP and of course I will participate next time as well.

10. bernadine lacy
    August 13th, 2008 03:37

I can’t find simonetta’s recipe for the sbrisolona – help!

August 14th, 2008 20:56

Bernadine: Hi! The recipe can be found here: http://blog-en.san-lorenzo.com/2006/10/real_life_blogging.html