Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies

Just minutes after this photo was taken, this piece of Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie ended up in my husband’s stomach :-)
I found this fantastic recipe at a Polish food forum which I read from time to time. The recipe was originally posted in the March 2003 edition of Delicious magazine. It seemed to be a success according to the forum writers so I decided to email the recipe to my mother. When she finally answered my email she included a photo of a freshly baked raspberry cheesecake brownie and the word “wonderful”. So of course I had to make it myself as well. Again we have the lovely combination with dark chocolate and raspberries which is just perfect. The recipe is easy to follow, but I decided to reduce the amount of sugar and almost doubled the amount of raspberries. And as always I substituted cream cheese with Kesella gourmet. Lovely lovely, but now I have to stop writing and get another piece…

Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies

200 gram dark chocolate
    200 gram butter, softened
    220 gram + 130 gram caster sugar
    5 eggs
    110 gram plain flour
    400 gram cream cheese (I used Kesella 10% as I prefer quark, add 1.5 tbsp flour if you use Kesella)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    200 gram fresh raspberries (frozen ones work as well)

Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease and line a 20 X 30cm lamington pan. Melt chocolate in bowl over simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly. Cream butter and 220g of the caster sugar until pale, then add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour. Spread 3/4 of the mixture into the pan. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, 130g sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate base. Dollop remaining chocolate mixture over cream cheese layer and swirl the chocolate. Poke raspberries into the top and bake 40-45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.

27 Responses to “Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies”

1. maria
    September 27th, 2006 21:47

That sounds so good!! Will have to try that soon.

2. Anne
    September 28th, 2006 20:56

Oh my goodness, completely gorgeous. Very hungry now. :)

3. Siryn
    September 29th, 2006 08:57

Wow… that sounds so lovely. Wish we had fresh raspberries here in Malaysia!

4. jenni
    September 29th, 2006 14:12

Oh yes, I have made these – they are C’s favourite and luckily his birthday falls in raspberry season! I must admit I love them too so any excuse is good enough… My mouth is watering looking at your lovely photo!

September 29th, 2006 17:31

Looks fantastic! This is one of the (zillion) recipes I’ve had bookmarked for ages, so I should really try it myself now asap. Mmmh, I wonder if I could drizzle some of your raspberry syrup on top or add a little to the cream cheese mixture?

6. Duane
    September 29th, 2006 22:59

Sounds very yummy!

7. Scott at Real Epicurean
    September 30th, 2006 21:20

My wife is an absolute lover of chocolate brownies. Rasberries seem to taste better every time I eat them, so combining the two sounds absolutely delicious.

8. Edyta
    October 1st, 2006 00:03

Witaj. Przypadkiem trafilam na twojego bloga – jesli odwiedzasz polskie forum – to mysle ze mowisz po polsku :) Zabieram sie za czytanie, wydaje mi sie ze od dzis beda stalym gosciem na twojej stronie, bardzo tu smakowicie. A ja uwielbiam slodkosci. Pozdrawiam cieplo. Milej niedzieli :)

9. johanna
    October 1st, 2006 11:31

hi dagmar, how funny, I also made this a while back (http://thepassionatecook.typepad.com/thepassionatecook/2004/08/chocolate_brown.html) and absolutely loved it – the cheesecake micture on top (at least in my version) was nicely sour and a good contrast to the rich brownie… and I uesed mixed berries, which also worked well!

10. Riana
    October 4th, 2006 15:24

Wow, it’s so deliciously pretty!

11. Vintage Wine
    October 4th, 2006 16:55

Mums! Måste testas :-)
    Men vart hittar man vaniljextrakt? Har läst att det är svårt att hitta & att man kan behöva göra sitt eget…

October 5th, 2006 17:36

Edyta,
    Dzieki za mile slowa! Postaram sie niedlugo odpisac na Twoj email.

Johanna,
    Great idea, next time I’ll try to use mixed berries!

Vintage Wine,
    Oj, tack vare dig insåg jag att jag faktiskt inte skrev något angående det i mitt inlägg. I vilket fall så kan man som du sa antligen göra det själv. Jag har faktiskt ingen aning var man hittar vaniljextrakt så jag fuskar alltid med vaniljsocker…

Thanks to all of you for your kind compliments!

13. Steve
    October 5th, 2006 17:37

Wow… I tasted that very dish when it was cooked for me by a friend I was visiting in Lower Silesia.

My fiancee will be very impressed when she comes home one night to find one cooling in the kitchen!!

October 5th, 2006 17:40

Steve, good luck with the baking! :-)

15. Brilynn
    October 14th, 2006 22:27

Chocolate and raspberry is an excellent combination!

16. Sarah
    October 15th, 2006 18:43

I’m a gluten-free kinda gal :) Do you think the brownies would work with rice flour instead of plain?

Sarah
    EatingBritain.com

October 16th, 2006 12:17

Sarah: I’ve never substituted plain flour with rice flour, but I’ve seen brownie recpies with rice flour instead of plain flour so it seems to work!

Brilynn: yes, it’s a perfect combination!

18. MrRudy
    August 16th, 2007 15:09

I can’t add your feed to Feedburner. How I do this?

19. Rian
    September 20th, 2007 15:03

These are AMAZING!!!
    I’ve made them a few times now and they never last long in my house. My mum said that they were the best cake she’s ever had which is quite a complement!
    Think i’ll make some more tonight…mmmmmmm….

20. Emily
    May 20th, 2008 23:30

Okay, these couldn’t look more delicious!!!!!

I actually can’t wait to try them.

This Polish forum you say you visit sounds interesting, could i have the link? [i have polish relatives too]

21. elizabeth
    November 12th, 2009 18:11

sounds lovely! It would never occurred to me mixing these ingredients together!

I won’t lie I’m pretty good myself doing raspberry swirl cheesecake pie but not so much when doing brownies I can’t wait to try it!

I found a recipe exchange site that I found quite interesting http://www.recipebuddys.com if you try any recipe from there and improved anyhow let us know please!

thanks againg for your recipe today dessert= raspberry cheesecake brownies!

22. Brett
    November 24th, 2009 06:23

This is one of my favourites. Thanks for sharing!

23. sapphire
    July 19th, 2010 09:07

It was DELICIOUS!

But, it was in the oven for only 40min and top browned significantly. I think a lower-bottom rack would be better next time (it was on the middle rack this time).

24. maya
    January 15th, 2011 17:47

Dear Dagmar,

I’ve been baking this cake over and over again upon requests. And all of them who have tried it will definitely ask for more. This cheesecake brownies is really good!

I posted the recipe on my journal – http://maya061.livejournal.com/1435.html and link this post in it. Hope it’s alright with ya.

Thanks much for sharing your recipes.

I really like your blog.

-Maya-