I’m back!!

Dagmar in Kyoto
The evening before yesterday we came back to Sweden after our incredible honeymoon in Japan. I can’t describe in words how amazing the trip was; we have so many experiences and memories of our wonderful honeymoon including an average of 200 photos per day. Japan is a beautiful and amazing country, even though it’s almost suicide to go there in August when it’s incredibly hot :-) My arthritis got worse and my knees almost killed me, but we kept a slow pace and managed to see quite a lot. We have eaten the most fantastic meals, most of them delicous but some of them inedible as they were just too much for us Swedes :-) I will post a lot about Japan in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for Japanese food and restaurants.

And our wedding? The wedding, on August 12th in Gothenburg, was just perfect and beautiful even if I’m quite partial :-) We were both so happy and we smiled like maniacs all day. It was the final weekend of the European Championships in track and field, so we were quite stressed as the women’s marathon started at the same time as our wedding and they roped off all central Gothenburg from traffic. My dear mother-in-law did a fantastic job during the weeks before the wedding and managed to get us all necessary permits and also managed to arrange a police escort for us and our guests so we wouldn’t get stuck in any traffic jam. We had an unique and great wedding and I will write a separate post about it when I get all of the photos.

13 Responses to “I’m back!!”

1. Eve (The Chocolate Lady)
    September 1st, 2006 14:21

Mazl-tov and welcome home!

2. Anne
    September 1st, 2006 18:00

Åh, välkommen hem!! Ser fram emot att få se alla bilder! Vi får ses snart! :)

3. sam
    September 1st, 2006 18:01

congratulations. Sounds fantatic. I love the picture.

4. Catesa
    September 2nd, 2006 15:52

Gefeliciteerd Dagmar!! I wish all the best to you and your new husband :) Looking forward to hearing about your travels in Japan, it’s always been a dream destination of mine.
    Take care and again congratulations.

5. Pamela
    September 2nd, 2006 21:10

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your new husband !!

6. Roberto
    September 3rd, 2006 18:09

Hi Dagmar, I just found your site and looks great!. Congratulations for your wedding, I bet now there is more inspiration for you to keep cooking and baking those great dishes you prepare. I added you to my links kitchen blogs in my own blog. My blog is in spanish so don’t worry, just keep sharing those great dishes. Wish you well.

September 4th, 2006 15:16

Hi Dagmar – congratulations again! I’m glad to ehar that you enjoyed your wedding & honeymoon so much.
    I went to 4 weddings this year – incl. one in Brussels and one in Tallinn during the last 10 days! They were all different, but amazing, and I’m hoping to be able to write about mine one day in the future, too:)

September 11th, 2006 09:04

Eve: Thank you!!!

Anne: Tack! Vi får se till att fika snart!

Sam: Thanks! All the other tourists continued on the main street while we entered the alley on the photo which was quiet and genuine. We were all alone and fascinated as it was so beautiful.

Catesa: Thanks! I really recommend going to Japan. It really is fantastic!

Pamela: Thank you!!!

Roberto: Thanks! I\’ll take a look at your blog as well!

Pille: Thank you, Pille! Oh, you\’ve had a really busy summer!!! Weddings are fantastic!

9. celiaK
    September 20th, 2006 16:26

Aw Dagmar, congratulations on your wedding!! :)
    Glad you’re back from your wonderful honeymoon. Looking forward to all the great pictures and stories. Do indulge us please!

September 22nd, 2006 23:38

celiaK,
    Thanks! I will try to blog about it soon!

11. Ron
    October 5th, 2006 01:44

Hello Dagmar! Congratulations on your wedding! Much joy and happiness to you both today and in the years to come. I am sure that a home with such a wonderful hearth and table of plenty will always be one of celebration and love. I came across your blog as I searched the internet for a specific Polish Wigilia recipe. I inherited the Christmas Eve traditions from my great-grandparents and grandparents who came to the USA in the late 1800s/early 1900s (from Poland although at the time they were coming from Russia, Prussia, and Austria). Each side of the family had very specific Wigilia traditions and I have taken what I think are the best from each of them for my Wigilia menu. I was hoping to find a recipe for one paricular Wigilia dish my paternal grandmother spoke of her mother making: raisins and rice. I seems to be a sweet dish but I find either kutia or zupa migdalowa (almond soup) as the 2 closest recipes to her description. Have you ever heard of it? I am hoping to “return” this dish to my family’s Christmas Eve. Any suggestions? Dziekuje!

October 5th, 2006 17:39

Hi Ron,
    Thank you so much!
    What a fantastic thing to do Ron! But I’m sorry to say that I don’t recognize the receipe that you’re searching for. But I will ask my mother, maybe she knows. I’ll let you know as soon as I speak with her.

13. Dixy-xa