Beware of Hurry Curry

Dish from Hurry Curry

On Friday evening we were quite tired and decided to buy some take away food from Hurry Curry just near Hötorget. A big misstake. It was the worst take away food we have ever tasted. Above you can see my dish, some kind of vegetarian stew with spinach and potatoes. Fredrik chose chicken. Both dishes lacked any taste at all and they were badly over salted, I like salt but not this much. It was really unedible, so the food ended up in the trash and I made some sandwiches instead.
I read that the dishes cooked at Hurry Curry are based on one of Lotta Voltaire’s cook books, so I was surprised that the food turned out to be horrible. I really hope that the chef just had a bad day, but it doesn’t matter as I’ll go to another restaurant next time.

14 Responses to “Beware of Hurry Curry”

1. Anne
    June 11th, 2006 17:46

Ah, thank you for the warning! For some good Indian, do try Happy India. Indeed, we’ll be happy to go there with you some time – they have *great* Indian food. :)

2. Gina
    June 23rd, 2006 06:39

I was looking for photos to put up for midsommardagen and found your site. Thanks for the tip on Hurry Curry! As expensive as takeout is in sweden…it is a double disapointment!
    Glad Midsommar!

3. Virgi
    June 23rd, 2006 12:04

Hi, Im surprise to know that indian food really can taste bad :) Im an Indonesian, but Im a huge fan of Indian food. In Indonesia & spore, theres a fast indian reto that has a great taste, named KOMALA.
    I’ll take u there if one day u come to Jakarta, Indonesia :)

June 25th, 2006 22:44

Virgi,
    I love Indian food and I was so dissapointed. Komala sounds great! :-)

Anne,
    That sounds great!

Gina,
    Glad Midsommar to you too!

5. Frida
    June 28th, 2006 13:20

I was surprised to read your warning about Hurry Curry as their salad, cilantro marinated chicken on a bed of wheatberries, cashew nuts and crisp sallad made HC an instant favourite of mine. The bread was homemade and really tasty too. However, their dahls weren’t in the same league but I still think that 69 SEK is an acceptable price for a lunch especially as they servelucnh on week ends too.

6. Anna
    July 9th, 2006 19:13

Hello Dagmar,

I hope your wedding plans are coming on well. Not long to go now! Sorry, to add to the things to do before the big day, but I would like to ‘tag’ you for the latest circulating Meme (it is quite a short one). If you go to my site you will see what it is all about.

Best wishes.

July 19th, 2006 09:51

Frida,

As this wasn’t lunch (we bought it for supper) I don’t rememeber the price. But still it was totally inedible, both Fredrik’s chicken and my dahl.

Anna,

It always fund with memes even if I often forget to write them. But this time I’ve actually written it :-) Thanks for tagging me!

8. Rita
    November 13th, 2006 09:49

Good that you didn’t eat it, you could nd up at the hospital!

90 peope just for badly poisoed from their salmonella infected food! It sure looks likea horror story!

November 13th, 2006 09:58

Rita,
    Yes, we heard about that. Horrible! Hurry Curry is the only place where both me and my husband can’t stand the food and the salmonella outbreak was the dot over the i :-) Poor people.

10. Kazelrsc
    May 25th, 2008 17:39

Hi webmaster!

11. Kazelfze
    May 25th, 2008 17:53

Hi webmaster!

12. Andrew
    September 30th, 2008 09:29

LOL
    that doesn’t even make any sense!

13. Layla Cook
    April 29th, 2010 07:55

A few workers in our area got Salmonella poisoning. It is a good thing that they did not die and they have fully recovered. -