New Cookbooks

New cookbooks!

3 new cookbooks.

Happy New Year! I hope that you had a fantastic Christmas and New Years Eve! I know that I have a lot of catching up to do, so please be patient with me :-)

I received a lot of wonderful Christmas presents which I’m very thankful for. Some of them are food related and some not. As I love new cookbooks, like many of you I presume, I wanted to show my new ones.

The first one, “Den goda julen” by Christer Lingström with Christmas recipes only, I received by mail the day before Christmas Eve. It turned out that I had won it, after taking part in an internet competition. It was a very fun surprise! For next Christmas I will probably try out some of the recipes.

The second one, “Med smak av Japan” by Dag Hermelin, is a Japanese cookbook that I got from my friend Christian. I’ve browsed through the book in the book store earlier and I was really happy to get it. I’m very interested in Japanese culture and food, but I’ve never tried to cook it at home. The recipes in this book seem quite simple and very tasty, so it will be really fun trying them out.

Last but not least, I got “Jamie’s Italy” by our dear Jamie Oliver from darling Fredrik. I’ve already tried the “Torta di riso” and I’m sure that this cookbook will result in a lot of delicious dishes.

7 Responses to “New Cookbooks”

1. Fran
    January 1st, 2006 15:54

Lucky girl. What wonderful gifts. I would find them all interesting but especialy “Jamie’s Italy”. Will be interested to see what you like best from each. Happy New Year.

2. Barbara
    January 2nd, 2006 06:23

I will be interested to see what goodies you learn from the Japanese cookbook, especially!

Have a great New Year, Dagmar!

January 4th, 2006 14:21

Fran,
    Happy New Year to you too. I will eventually report about Jamie’s book.

Barbara,
    Thank you, have a great new year you too! I will try (and write about) some of the recipes from the Japanese book as soon as possible!

January 4th, 2006 20:54

All three books sound great – and it would be interesting to read a Swedish take on Japanese food! I have quite a few Danish and Swedish cookbooks myself, but their mostly on Nordic food…

5. Andrea
    March 20th, 2006 21:12

What did you think of the Torta di Riso? I messed up the pastry, but the rice pudding mixture itself was a bit bland, I found. 3 tablespoons of sugar didn’t seem like much. Would love to hear your opinion on it!

March 21st, 2006 11:08

Andrea:
    About the Torta di Riso: I’ve had better pastries, but it was OK. You’re right about the rice pudding mixture, it was a bit bland and I though that something was missing. Therefore I added orange liqueur (Grand Marnier), vanilla sugar (quite a lot) and freshly squeezed orange juice. But I don’t remember the quantities and that’s why I havn’t blogged about it.

7. Andrea
    March 30th, 2006 09:41

Great, thanks, I’ll try that next time. It was a lovely looking dessert, it would just be best if the taste matched!