Tiramisù Cheesecake, 2nd attempt

As some of you know, I baked a Tiramusù Cheesecake last week. I was dissapointed with the taste, because I follwed the original recipe and used Philadelphia Cheese instead of quark and too bitter dark chocolate. So I made it again, this time with quark and less bitter chocolate. For my views regarding cheesecakes, just read the first attempt on this cheesecake. Most people would probably love the first cheesecake with Philadelphia cheese, but I didn’t like it at all.

This time the result was just PERFECT, light and fluffy and no saltiness at all. It crumbles a bit when slicing it, but that’s probably because of the recipe not being completely adapted to quark. All Americans can continue using Philadelphia Cheese and I will continue with quark instead, at least I’ve tried the other variant :-)

Tiramisù Cheesecake
    (adapted from Maxine Clarke’s book Cheesecakes)

Crust:
    275 gr Amaretti Biscotti ( I used Swedish Mandelbiskvier as my store didn’t have these).
    75 gr unsalted butter
    Filling:
    750 gr Kesella 10% (quark)
    2 dl sugar
    3 eggs, separate the yolk and eggwhite
    0.5 dl flour + 1 tbsp flour
    0.5 vanilla pod
    175 gr Marabou Dark Chocolate, melted
    3 tablespoons of Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua)
    Oven temperature: 200 degrees Celsius.

Using a food processor or blender, process the biscottis to fine crumbs. Melt the butter and combine with the crumbs. Press into a springform pan and put the pan into the fridge for 30 minutes.Beat the quark and sugar, using a food processor. Add the egg yolks. Transfer half of the batter to another bowl. Add melted chocolate and coffee liqueur to the batter in the first bowl; stir until well blended and then add 1 tbsp of flour. To the second bowl, add 0.5 dl flour and the interior of the vanilla pod. Beat the eggwhites until they form stiff firm peaks. Combine half of the egg whites with the white filling and half with the chocolate filling. Pour the two fillings into the crust, taking turns so that you form a nice pattern. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until sides puff slightly and center is softly set but still appears moist. Turn oven off. Allow cheesecake to cool in the oven with oven door ajar. When cheesecake is completely cool, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.

12 Responses to “Tiramisù Cheesecake, 2nd attempt”

September 12th, 2005 10:53

Glad it worked out this time! I love cheesecakes, and I like cheesecakes both with quark (more common in Estonia) as well as with cream cheese, so I might give both versions a try one day (love tiramisu as well, so it should be a safe bet). Thanks for sharing the recipe!

2. Carin
    September 12th, 2005 12:19

Really glad it worked better for you this time. I like both quark and cream cheese cheesecakes as well, it is all good. But I prefer one with both in it. I think it’s the best! Then you get a little taste from the cream cheese but at the same time it is less dense and more light. Perfect. I use philadelphia and swedish Kesella (or Ricotta if I’m elsewhere). Give it a try!

3. Catesa
    September 12th, 2005 15:41

mmmm now i will try it, i do prefer the light fluffy kasetorte. would the Mandelbiskvier be something similar to the Dutch Amadelbescuit translated to english amandel is almond and it looks quite similar to the Sweedish mandel which is why i ask :) have a nice day

September 13th, 2005 15:08

Hi all!

Carin,
    thanks for the tip about mixing both quark and cream cheese. Maybe I’ll try it some day!

Catesa,
    Mandelbiskviar are small mini macaroons with almonds and it sure sounds that you could use the Dutch version.

Pille and Catesa,
    If you want to, you can also add some rum to the white filling, it said so in the original recipe but but I didn’t have any at home.

5. lory
    July 14th, 2007 19:16

mmmm, c’est super!!

6. Shawn
    August 14th, 2007 07:40

I was looking for a tiramisu recipe, but a tiramisu cheesecake thats even better I cant wait to make this dish.

August 16th, 2007 12:13

Shawn: I hope that you’ll like it!

8. Erica
    March 21st, 2008 15:38

Thank you for the recepy!
    Made it a week ago, going to repete this weekend.

9. Edwarda
    November 28th, 2008 11:58

Please explain how much is it 2 dl and 0.5dl. Thanks

November 28th, 2008 12:52

Hi Edwarda,

2 dl is 200 ml and 0.5 dl is 50 ml. Which is 0.85 cups and 0.2 cups. When converting, Google is very useful. Just write
    “2 dl in cups” (or what ever you are converting) in the search window.