Tortilla Española

Monday evening. Alone and hungry. What to do? There were some leftover cooked new potatoes from yesterday’s dinner and first I planned to fry them and eat them with scrambled eggs. But how about a Spanish potato omelette, Tortilla Española, instead? The basic ingredients are potatoes and egg, just what I wanted, and then just add what ever you have at home. This is what I had at home and put in my Tortilla (and it turned out DELICIOUS!):

New potatoes, cooked.

Red onion.

Two eggs.

Cambozola cheese.

Cherry tomatoes.

Milk.

Butter.

Chive.

Slice the potatoes and fry them in butter, make sure to layer them so that they don’t stick together. Add shredded red onion. Turn the potatoes in the pan. Beat the eggs with some milk, salt and pepper and then pour it into the pan. Cut a piece of the cheese and slice it in smaller pieces, place them on the omelette together with sliced cherry tomatoes and chive. Fry until almost done, then fold the omelette and serve.

Fry….

….fold and serve!

10 Responses to “Tortilla Española”

1. Dawn N.
    June 1st, 2005 16:45

Now that looks very yummy.

Question? What is stamped on the eggs?

June 2nd, 2005 10:31

Hi Dawn!

The stamp on the eggs indicates that they are ecological and that the hens stroll around outdoors and don’t sit in cages.

3. Dr. Jekyll
    June 5th, 2005 21:08

What if I paid your way over to the states and you could be my chef? haha! I usually mess up peanut butter and jelly!

4. Dawn N.
    June 6th, 2005 06:38

Free Range Chickens.

My grandmother raised chickens to sell the eggs for many years. Free Range before she knew that was the “in” thing to do.

Anyway, I remember helping her ready the eggs for the egg man to pick them up. It would have taken forever to stamp each egg.

I wonder if the organic/free range eggs that are sold in stores are stamped over here?

5. Nicole
    June 9th, 2005 10:51

Long time reader, first time poster :)

I’m curious about the chives . . . How do they come in a box? Are they dried? (Silly Canadian, but I’ve just never seen them like that before.)

Also, I love your site and really enjoy reading it. I find your cooking, and your apartment grown cherry tomatoes, inspiring!

June 10th, 2005 17:52

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for the compliments!! The chives are froozen :-)

Hi Dawn,
    It sounds nice that your grandmother had free range chickens, I’ve never picked any eggs myself… :-) It must have been great with so fresh eggs and to be sure that the chickens had a good life.

Even if the the chickens are free range chickens and get organic food here, (I think that) they still live in quite big “chicken farms” and the eggs are automatically stamped by a machine….

7. Petja
    April 27th, 2010 15:24

Е-мое, для профессионалов новость

8. stroy
    April 27th, 2010 23:43

Материал перспективный, закину сайт в закладки.

9. Uinov
    April 28th, 2010 00:13

Чего и следовало ожидать, написавший расово верно накреативил!

10. hlqcpbrbwt
    April 28th, 2010 13:15

Как обычно, афтар голимо накреативил.