Easter Dinner

I totally forgot to make a post about Easter Dinner so here it comes. We went to my parents and as usual we had a lot of food. The latest years my mother has calmed down and doesn’t cook as much as when we were kids, but she still makes a lot of food. So we ended up with an enormous amount of food to take home :-) But it’s one of the best things with holidays, when you get home and then fill the fridge with all delicous leftowers that you got from “home”.

Here is everything that we ate this Easter Dinner. Earlier years we had even more, but we don’t eat as much nowadays :-)

Starters:

Jajko Swiecone
(First we shared one of the blessed eggs and wished each other good health and other nice things, see previous post)

Eggs with mayonnaise and roe

Salatka z rakami
(Shrimp salad)

Salatka kartoflana
(Salad with potatoes, carrots, peas, mayonnaise etc)

Sledzie w smietanie
(Herring pickled in Créme Fraiche and onion)

Smoked Salmon

Kielbasa
(Polish sausage)

Kurczak w galaretce
(Chicken in jelly)

Main courses:

Fillet of Pork with mushroom sauce

Fish burgers

Fish in sauce

Desserts:

Makowiec z serem & Sernik
(Poppy Seed cake & Polish baked cheesecake)

Tort czekoladowy
(Chocolate cake)

Sernik na zimno
(Cheesecake)

12 Responses to “Easter Dinner”

1. Sweetnicks
    April 3rd, 2005 05:16

Fantastic plating on your Mom’s part. What, no recipes? ;)

2. Barbara Fisher
    April 4th, 2005 03:46

Dagmar, tell your Mom that everything looks fantastic!

Wow. I am drooling now.

April 4th, 2005 10:29

Thank you both, I’ll forward the compliments :-) If there is any demand I can publish recipes on the dishes that I use to do, i.e. potatoe salad, cheesecake, chocolate cake and mushroom sauce :-)

4. Anonymous
    April 4th, 2005 18:29

The cheesecake on the bottom looks very yummy. If that is homemade I request a recipe.

5. OsloFoodie
    April 5th, 2005 18:14

Dagmar, what a fantastic feast, how did your mom manage!? I especially love the look of the Salatka z rakami, fillet of pork with mushroom sauce and the fish in sauce. Not forgetting the beautifully decorated Tort czekoladowy! I have never tasted a polish sausage before, I wonder what that taste like.

6. Anonymous
    June 27th, 2005 03:58

Dear Dagmar,

Hi! I’m a new comer, my name is Jacinta and I am a food lover, I love all food pictures that you posted here and I’m so curious to find the recipes.

What a Lovely Food! All of them looks delicious! Your mom is an Expert, but……Can you be soooo nice to post the recipes? If it possible for all of them (must be a lot of work to do) If not, then just the “Cheesecake, Chocolate Cake, Poppy Seed Cake & Polish Bake Cheesecake, Fish Burgers, Shrimp Salad, Fillet of Pork with Mushroom Sauce” I’m soorry tooo many request!

Million Thanks!

7. dessbee
    June 11th, 2007 15:35

Dagmar

Could you provide a recipe on Sernik.

8. kate
    October 19th, 2007 18:34

mniam mniam powiało nostalgią……

9. Jane
    June 8th, 2008 04:41

Please, please post recipes for the poppy seed cake and polish cheesecake! Must taste these before I die! x